This post has been a long time in the making (some might even say a year long!). But here it is. I’m sure I missed stuff, and there’s probably photos, videos, twitters, etc. that could be referenced, but I’m not going to take the time to track them all down. I’ve tossed in some related media for some things though.
* Refused to grow up and spent my 28th birthday jumping on trampolines with friends.
* Bought myself a Macbook Pro, my first Apple computer in several years.
* Moved in with Heather into a great apartment. (pics)
* Experienced Audium
* Got a full tour of the Armory thanks to Nicole
* Snowboarding and photography (one of my favorite pics of the year below) in Yosemite National Park. (pics)
* Secret (for Nicole) trip to Denver to see Hybrid. Got to hang out with Chip, Annie, and MFC as an added bonus.
* Housewarming party for our new apartment once we were finally unpacked. (pics)
* T-Mobile Grammy Tour wherein I flew across the country 3 times to meet people including Missy Elliott, Seal, Busta Rhymes, John Legend, etc. and blogged about it. The best part was T-Mobile paid for it all. (pics)
* A “Just Because Party” (pics)
* Changed my hair from red and black to blue. (pics)
* Went to Lightning in a Bottle down in Santa Barbara. Spun a lot of rope dart.
* Flew to Vegas to see My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult and Everything Goes Cold. (pics)
* Celebrated the 4th of Juplaya in Black Rock Desert with friends and quite a bit of explosives, propane, and 2pir. My first (and only) GPS drawing while driving around with 10 people crammed in my car. (pics and video), Heather’s write-up
* Changed my hair from blue to red.
* Heather’s Birthday party. (pics)
* Went to Heather’s 10 year high school reunion in Monterey.
* A trip to the Monterey Aquarium (pics)
* My mom and her husband came out to California and spent some time with us, met Heather’s parents, and did some touristy stuff. (pics)
* Decided to pick up an iPhone 3G and started a (very) slow move away from the Sidekick as my primary device.
* Attended the START conference as a prelude to becoming a full-time “entrepreneur”.
* Got my 3 remaining wisdom teeth pulled. (Luckily I never have to do that again!)
* Massive Zombie Flash Mob in San Francisco
photo by Audrey
* Got incorporated as Free For All Media, Inc.
* Watched friends start Noisebridge, an SF hacker space, and chipped in a bit of time and money. (video)
* Camping with Kai and Jason in Bolinas/Pt Reyes
* NIMBY caught fire and was shut down, leaving us with nowhere to work on our fire art.
* Arse Elektronika
* Started doing time-lapse videos with my DSLR and a calculator.
* Went to Santa Barbara for a wedding
* 24 hours of sf0, which we still haven’t posted proofs from.
* LTJ Bukem and Planet of the Drums Tour (AK1200, Dara, Dieselboy). Two shows that encompassed a large portion of the music I love.
* Packed up NIMBY and prepared to move to the new NIMBY space.
* My sister came out to San Francisco to visit.
* Headed to North Carolina for an early Christmas with my family.
* Watched in horror as my camera blew over on its tripod and was destroyed while attempting to make a timelapse.
* 18+ mile bike ride with Nicole and Heather (video snippet)
* Closed out the year at Violet Blue’s New Year’s party
Whew, what a year. I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to do all of this as well as the chance to share it with an awesome group of people. I wonder what the next year will bring!